Chrissy Teigen and Allison Hagendorf Host Music Fridays presented by Visa
Michael Rapaport Hosts Movie Mondays & Tuesdays presented by Melrose Credit Union
Woody Allen Month in June
New Original Series “MSG Countdown: Celebrity Edition” Makes Its Debut Wednesday, May 30
All-New Episodes of “MSG’s Vault” and “10 to One”
New York, NY (May 24, 2012) – MSG today announced the programming lineup for its fourth annual Summer Block Party, a celebration of summer between Memorial Day and Labor Day, featuring themed programming blocks every night starting at 8:00 p.m. The nights include: Movie Mondays and Tuesdays presented by Melrose Credit Union, Countdown Wednesdays, Knicks Thursdays, Music Fridays presented by Visa, Saturday Night Originals and Sunday Night Fights.
This summer, the programming slate will include:
- Classic sports and New York movies, including “Woody Allen Month” in June, hosted by actor Michael Rapaport (Premiere – Monday, May 28).
- The debut of the MSG Original series “MSG Countdown: Celebrity Edition,” featuring the Beastie Boys’ Mike D and Adam Horovitz, actress Edie Falco, actor Jerry Ferrara, and the New York Giants’ Justin Tuck (Premiere – Wednesday, May 30).
- The return of the MSG Original program “10 to One,” hosted by Brittany Umar (Premiere – Wednesday, May 30).
- Supermodel Chrissy Teigen and Fuse’s Allison Hagendorf as hosts of an all-new lineup of Friday night concerts (Premiere – Friday, June 1).
- Eight new episodes from MSG’s award-winning series, “MSG’s Vault,” including features on Walt ‘Clyde’ Frazier, Bernard King and the 1975 New York Islanders (Premiere – Saturday, June 9).
Below is a summary of each theme night this summer:
Movie Mondays & Tuesdays
- Hosted by actor Michael Rapaport, MSG’s Movie Mondays and Tuesdays kicks off the summer with a Memorial Day double feature of Academy Award-winning movies, “Rocky” and “Annie Hall.” After a taste of Woody Allen, get ready for Woody Allen Month as June features the director’s classic films – “Broadway Danny Rose,” “Radio Days,” “Zelig” and “Love and Death.” As the summer turns up the heat, so does MSG with three New York movies starring Al Pacino: “Serpico,” “Dog Day Afternoon” and “City Hall.” MSG will pay tribute to the Summer Olympics in July and August with “Chariots of Fire” and “Without Limits,” and will round out the summer with unforgettable sports movies “Rudy,” “Brian’s Song,” “Youngblood” and “The Natural.”
- “MSG Countdown: Celebrity Edition”: “MSG Countdown” returns with all-new episodes, but this summer it has a twist. “MSG Countdown: Celebrity Edition” will feature celebrity sports fans as they rank the top 25 moments in different categories. Episodes include: the Beastie Boys’ Top Knicks Dunks from 2011-12, Edie Falco’s Top Rangers Game Winning Goals, Jerry Ferrara’s Top Jeremy Lin Moments, Justin Tuck’s Top Knicks Clutch Shots, Steve Schirripa’s Top Knicks Moments from 2011-12, John Duddy’s Top NHL Fights from 2011-12 and Michael Rapaport’s Top Knicks Dunks of all-time.
- “10 to One”: All-new episodes of this unique countdown show feature sarcastic and edgy host Brittany Umar as she ranks athletes, past and present, that call Madison Square Garden and MSG Network home. Episodes include: Top Draft Steals, Biggest Villans, Top New York and New Jersey-Born Athletes, Underrated Players and Fantastic Finishes.
- “The Lineup: Hits & Errors": – The Best and Worst Deals in New York Baseball”: The second edition of “The Lineup” takes an in-depth look at the spectrum of trades and free agency signings throughout Yankees and Mets history – from Gary Carter to Tom Seaver and Paul O’Neill to Carl Pavano – to determine which were the most impactful and regrettable.
- “First Person: Bernard King”: The first episode of this new MSG Original series features Knicks legend Bernard King as he recounts his back-to-back 50-point games in 1984 and dissects the first round of the NBA Playoffs from the same year when he averaged nearly 40 points per game.
- “1994 March to the Finals”: Walt ‘Clyde’ Frazier and Spero Dedes relive the Knicks’ 1993-94 season in a 20-part retrospective that spotlights some of the most memorable games and performances from that year.
- “Knicks Greatest Rivalries”: This 25-part series, hosted by Anthony Mason, Derek Harper and Spero Dedes, looks back at the epic battles of the early 90s between the Knicks and their biggest rivals, including the Chicago Bulls and Indiana Pacers.
- “Knicks In 60”: Classic Knicks games from the 2011-12 season condensed into hour-long episodes.
- Supermodel Chrissy Teigen and Fuse’s Allison Hagendorf host MSG’s music lineup every Friday night. Popular bands and performances include the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pink, Coldplay and Florence and The Machine. Also featured, New York’s hottest concert of the year, the “Z100 Jingle Ball 2011” from Madison Square Garden and some of the top acts from Bonnaroo. Every Friday night at 11:00 p.m., join MSG as New York’s most talented emerging artists take the stage in “MSG’s Indie NYC powered by Baeblemusic.”
Saturday Night Originals
- “MSG’s Vault”: Eight new episodes of this Emmy Award-winning favorite that takes a historical look at some of the most memorable Madison Square Garden moments from MSG’s vault of over 90,000 tapes. New episodes this summer will feature Walt ‘Clyde’ Frazier, Bernard King and the 1975 New York Islanders.
- “The Game 365” and “Halls of Fame”: All-new episodes of two award-winning programs featuring host Fran Healy as he sits down with the greatest names in sports and entertainment. Past episodes have included some of today’s biggest stars, such as Henrik Lundqvist and Albert Pujols, as well as legends of championships past, including Reggie Jackson and Joe Frazier.
- “The Garden Transformed: Year One”: MSG takes sports and entertainment fans behind-the-scenes of the first phase of the historic, three-year Transformation of Madison Square Garden. The five-part series, voiced-over by actor Billy Crudup, follows every move of the unprecedented project, including the year-round construction, the first of three consecutive offseason shutdowns, and the debut of the completed first phase of the Transformation for the New York Rangers’ home opener in October 2011.
- “MSG ProFiles”: This 30-minute biography-style program looks at the careers and personal lives of current and former Knicks and Rangers players, including Amar’e Stoudemire, Carmelo Anthony, Michael Del Zotto and Rod Gilbert.
Sunday Night Fights
- “MSG’s Fight Night Classics”: Top boxing matches at Madison Square Garden from the 1930s through the 1980s, including Rocky Marciano vs. Joe Louis in 1951 and the Floyd Patterson vs. George Chuvalo match-up which was dubbed Ring Magazine’s 1965 Fight of the Year. Each bout includes commentary from current and former boxers, trainers, referees, boxing historians and journalists.
- “Epix Fights”: Tune in for some of the most exciting recent heavyweight championship bouts, including Vitali Klitschko vs. Derek Chisora for the WBC world heavyweight title and Wladimir Kiltschko vs. Jean-Marc Mormeck for the WBA/IBF/WBO world heavyweight championship.
- “Golden Gloves”: All-new amateur bouts from Madison Square Garden, arguably the top Golden Gloves Tournament in the country.
- “Battle of the Badges”: The NYPD and FDNY, in eight different weight classes, step into the famed Madison Square Garden boxing ring to fight not only for New York City bragging rights, but also to help raise money for many deserving charities. The “Battle of the Badges” rivalry between the two departments dates back to 1982.
- “In the Ring with John Duddy”: Irish boxing star John Duddy is an undefeated 9-0 at the World’s Most Famous Arena. This summer MSG will showcase eight of those fights, including thrilling victories against Ramon “Yori Boy” Campas and Anthony Bonsante.
Throughout the summer, visit www.msg.com/summer for the latest programming information as well as photos, video, trivia, polls and more. Also, fans can get the latest Summer Block Party information by liking MSG on Facebook (/MSGNetworks) and following MSG on Twitter (@MSGNetworks).