Mikhail Grabovski, Center (Last Played With Capitals)
The Islanders struck with one of the biggest moves of the second day of NHL free agency, locking up Mikhail Grabovski.
- Grabovski was taken in the fifth round of the 2004 NHL Draft by the Canadiens. He made his NHL debut in 2007 with the Habs.
- The 30-year-old Belorussian was then traded in 2008 to the Maple Leafs and wound up posting career numbers in Toronto. He had a career-high 58 points with the Leafs during the 2010-2011 season.
- He signed a one-year deal with the Capitals before the start of the 2013-14 campaign and recorded a 13-22-35 line in 58 games.
- The 5-foot-11, 183-pound centerman has 252 career points in 425 games.
Nikolai Kulemin, Left Wing (Last Played With Maple Leafs)
New York continued to add to its forward depth Wednesday, adding former Maple Leaf winger Nikolai Kulemin to the fold.
- Kulemin was taken in the second round of the 2006 NHL Draft by the Maple Leafs.
- The 6-foot-2, 235-pound winger made his NHL debut on Oct. 9, 2008. He would pot his NHL goal in the contest as well.
- Kulemin had his best season during the 2010-11 campaign, potting a career-high 30 goals and recording a career-high 57 points.
- The 27-year-old has scored 195 points in 421 games.
Chad Johnson, Goalie (Last Played With Bruins)
After locking up Halak, the Isles quickly found another goalie to pair with the Slovakian, signing former Bruin Chad Johnson.
- Johnson is a Calgary, Alberta native who spent 2013-14 serving as the backup to Vezina Award-winner Tuukka Rask.
- The 6-foot-3, 195-pound backstop was originally drafted by the Penguins in the fifth round of the 2006 NHL Draft.
- After a trade in 2009 to the Rangers, Johnson made his NHL debut on Dec. 30.
- He played in 27 games for the Bruins during the 2013-14 campaign and finished with 17-4-3 record, along with a 2.10 goals against average and a .925 save percentage.
Cory Conacher, Forward (Last Played With Sabres)
The Islanders bolstered their roster up front by inking forward Cory Conacher to a one-year deal.
- Conacher is just 24 years old and is 5-foot-8 and 180 lbs.
- He's played 126 NHL games with the Lightning, Senators and Sabres, registering 18 goals and 37 assists for 55 points.
- Last season he scored 7 goals and added 19 assists in 79 games with Ottawa and Buffalo.
T.J. Brennan, Defenseman (Last Played With Toronto Marlies of the AHL)
The Islanders added depth to their defensive unit by signing 25-year-old backliner T.J. Brennan.
- Brennan is a Moorestown, New Jersey native, who is 6-foot-1 and 213 pounds.
- He was a second-round pick of the Buffalo Sabres in the 2007 NHL Draft.
- In 76 games, Brennan recorded 72 points (25 goals and 47 assists)
Jaroslav Halak, Goalie (Last Played With Capitals)
Looking to upgrade the goalie position, the Islanders traded for and signed Jaroslav Halak to a long-term deal back on May 22. Halak spent the 2013-14 season with the Blues, Sabres and Capitals.
- Halak is listed at 5-foot-10, 186 pounds. He is a native of Bratislava, Slovakia.
- He was drafted in the ninth round of the 2003 NHL Draft (271st overall) by the Canadiens.
- He made his NHL debut on Feb. 18, 2007 and recorded a 3-2 win with the Habs over the Blue Jackets.
- Halak was a member of the 2010 and 2014 Slovakia men's hockey Olympic teams.
- Halak led Montreal to the 2010 Eastern Conference Final and was a key factor in the Canadiens' series wins over the Presidents' Trophy-winning Capitals and second-seeded Penguins.
- After being traded to the Blues in 2010, Halak won the William Jennings Award for the lowest goals against average in the NHL during the 2010-11 season (1.98)
- He finished 2013-14 with a 29-13-7 record, a 2.25 goals against average and a .921 save percentage.
- Halak has a career 2.38 goals against average with a .918 save percentage and is 144-85-19 alll time.