The Knicks were active during the 2014 NBA Draft, drafting forwards Cleanthony Early and Thanasis Antetokoumpo and acquiring the rights to center Louis Labeyrie. Find out more about the three newest Knickerbockers:
Cleanthony Early, SF, Wichita State (Round 2, 34th Overall)
- Early is a New York State native, born in Middletown. He attended high school in Pine Bush, NY and went to Sullivan County Community College.
- The 6-foot-8, 219-pound forward spent two seasons at Wichita State and led the Shockers in points per game in both years. He averaged 13.9 points in 39 games during the 2012-13 season and 16.4 points in 39 games during the 2013-14 campaign.
- The 23-year-old was the Missouri Valley Conference Preseason Player of the Year.
- Early lead the Shockers to an undefeated 2013-14 regular season.
Thanasis Antetokounmpo, SF, Delaware 87ers (Round 2, 51st Overall)
- Antetokounmpo is the older brother of Bucks forward Giannis Antetokounmpo and played with the NBA D-League’s Delaware 87ers during the 2013-14 season.
WATCH: Antetokounmpo with Tina Cervasio
- The 6-foot-7 forward averaged 12.0 points, 4.3 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 1.2 steals and 1.3 blocks per game. For his solid play, the Athens, Greece native was selected to the NBL D-League All-Star Game.
- The “Greek Freak 2.0” competed in the 2014 NBA D-League Slam Dunk Contest.
- He made the 2014 NBA D-League All-Defensive Third Team.
Louis Labeyrie, C, Paris-Levallois (Round 2, 57th Overall)
- Labeyrie played with Paris-Levallois of the LNB Pro A in France during the 2013-14 season.
- The 6-foot-10, 200-pound, 22-year-old has played three professional seasons in France.
- The Gonesse, France native played in 21 games last season, made two starts and averaged 6.4 points per game. He also averaged 3.7 rebounds.
- He won a silver medal at the U20 European Championships in 2012.