ARUGULA SALAD WITH LEMON VINAIGRETTE
Yield: 4 Servings
Level: Jump shot
Arugula Salad Ingredients
- 3 cups arugula, washed, dried
- 1 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- ½ cup tear drop tomato
- ½ cup avocado, diced
- ¼ cup mandarin orange segments
Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In mixing bowl, mix all ingredients until vinaigrette comes together nicely.
Yield: 6+ Servings
- 2 large ripe pineapples
- ½ bunch of cilantro, stemmed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Trim away all of the sharp points of the pineapple tuft. Then holding the tuft firmly in one hand, carefully remove the pineapple skin with a sharp knife by cutting down through the fruit. Remove the pineapple eyes with the sharp point of the knife. Then, slice off the pineapple tuft and cut the pineapple into 1-inch thick rings.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cilantro, olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the pineapple rings. Allow the pineapple rings to marinate in the mixture for anywhere from 30 minutes to overnight.
3. Preheat the grill pan to a medium high. Remove the pineapples from the marinade and allow any excess marinade to drip off. Place the pineapple rings on the grill and grill for about 3 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking. Remove the pineapple rings from the grill when they have visible grill marks and when they have softened and are nicely browned.
Note: Leaving the rings whole rather than cutting out the center core ensures that they don’t dry out. Serve the pineapple with pan seared curry chicken and other grilled dishes.
PAN SEARED CURRY CHICKEN BREAST
Yield: 6 Servings
Level: Jump Shot
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
1. Preheat a large saute pan to medium heat.
2. Season chicken breast in mixing bowl on both sides with the salt, pepper, curry, thyme, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and lemon juice.
3. Place remaining coconut oil in saute pan and sear each side of the chicken breast for 3 minutes. Place lemons in the pan for two minutes get some of the lemon flavor.
4. Serve alongside the grilled pineapples.