Hockey Heroes: FDNY vs. NYPD presented by Dunkin’
Hockey Heroes: FDNY vs. NYPD returns to The Garden to honor the 20th anniversary of 9/11 on September 9.
The commemorative game will extend the long-standing rivalry between the FDNY and NYPD to its 47th year dating back to 1973 when the Fire Department won the first matchup.
Both teams will commemorate the 20th anniversary of 9/11 in a special ceremony honoring those lost in the attacks and all the members who have since died from 9/11 related illnesses. Additionally, Firefighters and Police Officers lost in the line of duty over the course of the past two years will also be remembered.
All valid tickets from the previously scheduled April 4, 2020 game will be re-issued.
COVID-19 Entry Protocols
Please be aware of the latest COVID-19 entry protocols for Hockey Heroes: FDNY vs. NYPD at Madison Square Garden.
All Guests Age 12 And Older
- All guests age 12 and older are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- This means having at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine prior to attending.
- Guests may also show proof of fullCOVID-19 vaccination.
- This means the day of your event is at least 14 days after your final vaccine dose, which, depending on the type of vaccine, may be one dose or two.
- Fully vaccinated guests are not required to wear a mask. Everyone else must wear a mask while inside the venue, except while actively eating or drinking.
Children Under Age 12
- Children under 12 can attend with a vaccinated adult, but please note:
- Children ages 4 to 11 must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test (an antigen test taken within six hours of the event start time, or a PCR test taken within 72 hours of the day of the event).
- Children ages 2 to 11 must wear masks inside the venue except while actively eating or drinking.
Last Updated: September 1, 2021 | 6:00pm ET. Please note that government mandates, venue protocols and event requirements are subject to change, so be sure to continue to check here for the latest information.
A New Way to Enter
COVID-19 Health Documentation
- On the day of the event, all guests will have to provide proof – of COVID-19 vaccination for those age 12 and over, or negative COVID-19 test for children ages 4 to 11 – on their smartphone, through a physical copy, or by using New York State Excelsior Pass (Android| iOS) or NYC COVID Safe App (Android | iOS), along with an appropriate ID matching the name on your documentation.
- Doors will open at 6:30pm, 60 minutes prior to the event.
- Digital tickets can be accessed and displayed via the MSG Venue App or Ticketmaster App. Make sure you download the MSG Venue App (Download: Android| iOS) or the Ticketmaster App (Download: Android | iOS) before you arrive to facilitate contactless entry.
- Bags are not permitted in the venue, with the exception of personal items such as small pocketbooks and purses, no larger than 10″x 8″x 6″.