Beat the Streets Wrestling (www.btsny.org), the largest grassroots inner city wrestling program in the United States, and USA Wrestling announced the annual BTS benefit will be held on Monday, May 6, at the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden. This is the first time in six years the annual event will be held indoors.
For the benefit the organization announced the complete order of matchups, with the highly-anticipated battle between 2012 Olympic gold medalist Jordan Burroughs and 2008 Olympian and MMA standout Ben Askren scheduled to conclude the 13-match slate. The tenth annual BTS benefit is set for Monday, May 6, at the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden. Olympic gold medalists Kyle Snyder (sixth match, vs. Nishan Randhawa of Canada) and bronze medalist J’Den Cox (11th match, vs. Patrick Brucki of Princeton Univ.) are among the featured competitors.
The full schedule of matches, in order, is as follows*:
- Elleny Seda vs. Valentina Bailon, 122 lbs. (girls)
- Jo Jo Aragona vs. Adam Busiello, 138 lbs. (boys)
- Nick Picininni vs. Jack Mueller, 57 kg
- Mallory Velte vs. Linda Morais, 62 kg (W)
- James Green vs. Anthony Ashnault, 70 kg
- Kyle Snyder vs. Nishan Randhawa (CAN), 97 kg
- Nick Gwiazdowski vs. Derek White, 125 kg
- Becka Leathers vs. Diana Weicker, 53 kg (W)
- Nick Suriano vs. Joe Colon, 61 kg
- David Taylor vs. Drew Foster, 86 kg
- J’den Cox vs. Patrick Brucki, 92 kg
- Bajrang Punia (IND) vs. Yianni Diakomihalis, 65 kg
- Jordan Burroughs vs Ben Askren, 74 kg*Matches/wrestlers and times are subject to change
The Beat the Streets Benefit competitions began in 2010 and have since become a major showcase of the best of international wrestling. This unique and electrifying annual event has helped Beat the Streets raise millions of dollars to support local youth wrestling programs which empower young people in New York City.