2018 Madison Square Garden Ticket Subscription Terms and Conditions
BY PURCHASING THE SEASON TICKET SUBSCRIPTION DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT (THE “SUBSCRIPTION AGREEMENT”), YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THEM
- The language in this form of agreement, and/or in any invoice sent to you, does not constitute an offer. This agreement shall not be deemed consummated, and a ticket subscription purchase or renewal shall not be completed, until both (a) the potential subscriber (or an authorized representative thereof) submits it to The Madison Square Garden Company (“MSG”) with the appropriate acknowledgment and acceptance of the agreement and these Terms and Conditions (either by signature or, if on-line, by click acceptance), and (b) such potential subscriber thereafter receives a written notice from MSG confirming subscriber status.
- Season ticket subscriptions, both partial- and full-season (collectively, “Subscriptions”) and the tickets associated with them (“Tickets”) are personal licenses associated with a particular team season and are revocable at any time at the sole discretion of MSG with or without cause, including, without limitation, for improper conduct by the holder of any Ticket and for violation by the holder of this Subscription (“Subscriber”) of these Terms and Conditions or any other of MSG’s policies, each as determined by MSG in its sole discretion. Upon any such revocation, MSG shall refund such portion of the Subscription price as is related to unused Tickets for games that have not been played as of the time of the revocation, provided that, where hard stock tickets have been delivered to the Subscriber, they have been returned to MSG’s Box Office for unplayed games at least two days prior thereto. This agreement (and the associated Subscription) may not be assigned without MSG’s approval; individual Tickets may be resold.
- Should MSG cancel, without replacing, any scheduled event that MSG has included under this Subscription, a pro-rated refund, as determined by MSG, may be provided, but this arrangement will not otherwise be affected. Should MSG cancel an event that is part of this Subscription and reschedule such event for a date within twelve months of the date of the original event, and provide Subscriber with the right to attend such rescheduled event, MSG shall not be required to issue a refund. Subscriptions and Tickets are otherwise not refundable or exchangeable, except at MSG’s sole discretion as provided in section (2) above.
- Upon receipt of Tickets by Subscriber, risk of loss or theft of Tickets shall pass to Subscriber. MSG shall not be obligated to admit Subscriber, or any transferee of Subscriber, to events unless applicable Tickets are presented at such time.
- This Subscription Agreement shall commence as of the date of purchase, and shall end at the end of the relevant WNBA season, unless Subscriber has elected to participate in MSG’s “Always Loyal” automatic renewal program, in which case the agreement shall continue and shall automatically renew for consecutive one-year periods on June 1 of each year; provided, however, that (i) MSG shall have the right to terminate this agreement at any time and for any reason, which termination shall be effective immediately, and (ii) Subscriber shall have the right to terminate this agreement by providing 30 days’ prior written notice to MSG. Upon cancellation, Subscriber will no longer be obligated for any future payments, but shall not be entitled to any refund for installment payments made prior to the cancellation; any funds in Subscriber’s account at the time of such termination shall be deemed forfeited. MSG will notify Subscriber as to the fees for the Subscription for the next WNBA season and any updates to these Terms and Conditions (which MSG reserves the right to make at any time) via email to the email address which Subscriber most recently provided via Account Manager (or to Subscriber’s account rep) no later than May 1 of each year. Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that, barring an opt-out, the renewal payments will automatically be charged to the credit card through which Subscriber’s 2018 Subscription was purchased (or on any more recent credit card authorization form executed by you with respect to this Subscription Agreement).
- Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 5 above, this Subscription does not include any right to renew for subsequent seasons. Regardless of whether Subscriber has elected to participate in MSG’s “Forever Liberty” automatic renewal program, MSG reserves the rights, in its sole discretion, to provide the Subscriber the opportunity to purchase any Subscription for any subsequent season, to decline to provide such opportunity to purchase any such Subscription, at any point and for any reasons whatsoever (i.e., with or without cause), to rescind any such Subscription opportunity prior to delivery by MSG to Subscriber of written notice that a Subscription Agreement has been consummated, and/or to change the seat location previously assigned to any Subscriber by providing a new Subscription opportunity in a new seat location.
- For avoidance of doubt, this Subscription applies to pre-season and regular season games only and does not include any right to purchase or otherwise obtain playoff tickets for any playoff games. MSG may to elect to extend to Subscriber the opportunity to purchase playoff tickets (for regular season seats covered by this Subscription or otherwise), and may do so under such terms as MSG determines in its sole and absolute discretion. If MSG does extend such opportunity to Subscriber, playoff tickets must be purchased for all playoff rounds offered by MSG to the Subscriber (unless otherwise stated by MSG); otherwise, all offered and remaining games (both those being offered and any subsequent round or series) will be released for public sale or otherwise allocated by MSG.
- MSG’s policy is to limit to four (4) the number of per-game Tickets any single customer may purchase, control, coordinate, manage or direct in connection with either a Knicks or Rangers season through one or more Season Ticket or Partial Plan Season Subscriptions. MSG may determine, in its sole discretion, whether multiple Subscriptions are for a “single customer,” which term shall include (without limitation) any of the following: a business entity, or other organization; a family or household unit; a set of accounts that are in any way tied, linked, or related to a specific individual, entity, or organization; or any other group of individuals, entities, or organizations that MSG has determined, in its sole discretion, is in any way affiliated with each other or under common ownership, control or direction. A prospective purchaser may not avoid the four-Ticket limit by purchasing, controlling, coordinating, managing or directing Subscriptions through, for example, aliases, separate forms of payment, separate corporate entities or third parties. MSG reserves the right to enforce this Ticket limit policy strictly, including by refusing to sell Subscriptions that would cause this policy to be violated, and by revoking Subscriptions relating to any account determined after initial purchase to have violated this policy. MSG also reserves the right to make exceptions to this policy, in its sole discretion.
- Allocation of seats for all Subscription types are made from, and are subject to, available seat locations as determined by MSG, in its sole discretion, at the time of purchase of the applicable Subscription.
- If “Account Holder Type” on the first page of this agreement (or, if applicable, in your Account Manager) is listed as “Personal,” then the owner of record shall be the individual listed in the address box next to that; if “Account Holder Type” is listed as “Corporate,” then the owner will be the entity listed in the address box. This shall be so for all purposes (including any renewal opportunity offered or “tenure” considered).
- Subject to such exceptions as may be granted by MSG, Subscriber must be 18 years of age or older, and be domiciled (or, if a corporation, have its principal place of business), and provide a valid mailing address (which may not be a post office box or other commercial mail receiving agency), in New York, New Jersey or Connecticut. All Subscription account information provided (e.g., Subscriber name, billing/mailing/email addresses, phone and other contact information), including as reflected on Account Manager, must be the Subscriber’s true personal (or, if a corporate account, corporate) information, and not that of any third party. All payments relating to this Subscription must be made to MSG directly by the Subscriber (by the Subscriber’s check or credit card) and not by any third party. False or misleading information may subject the Subscription to revocation. MSG reserves the right to require submission of valid identification and/or other proof of information provided.
- Hockey pucks and sticks, balls, participants, thrown objects, etc., flying into spectator areas can cause serious injury. Be alert when in spectator areas including after the stoppage of play. The holder of a Ticket to an event at The Garden assumes all risks and danger of personal injury arising from or related to the event, including specifically (but not exclusively) the danger of being injured as described above. The holder agrees that MSG, The National Hockey League, The National Basketball Association, The Women’s National Basketball Association, other applicable leagues, promoters or MSG licensees, the participating clubs and their respective officers, players, employees and agents are expressly released by the holder from claims arising from such causes.
- All payments are due by the date indicated on the applicable invoice. Failure to make payment by the due date may result in MSG retracting its Subscription offer or revoking any Subscription, with loss of Subscriber benefits in the future. All returned or dishonored checks will be subject to a charge of $20.
- BY PURCHASING SEASON TICKETS FROM MSG FOR THE 2017-18 SEASON, I (ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND MY AFFILIATES) WAIVE AND DISCHARGE, AND RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS, MSG, TICKETMASTER, LLC AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES FOR, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS RELATING IN ANY WAY TO PRIOR FULL OR PARTIAL SEASON TICKET OR OTHER TICKET OR HOSPITALITY PURCHASES AND ANY PURPORTED RIGHTS I MAY ASSERT IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.