Official Rules for Sweepstakes and Contests Conducted on Social Media Platforms by MSG Entertainment
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
From time to time MSG Entertainment Group, LLC and/or its related entities (“MSG” or “Sponsor”) may conduct contests, sweepstakes and/or other promotions (individually and collectively, “Promotion”) via social media/networking platforms including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and others (each, a “Social Media Platform”). Unless governed by a different set of rules, these terms and conditions shall serve as the official rules (“Official Rules”) for any such Promotion conducted by Sponsor. These Official Rules may be updated as deemed necessary by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Each individual Promotion will be announced and promoted via Social Media Platform status updates, posts or tweets, or by e-mail or other calls-to-action (“Promotion Posting”). A Promotion Posting will include how to enter, the entry deadline, method of determining the winner (for a contest), the prize(s)/value(s), the eligibility requirements and any other Promotion-related information deemed necessary by Sponsor. All information contained in a Promotion Posting is incorporated herein by reference.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Unless otherwise stated in the Promotion Posting, to participate in: (i) any New York Rangers, LLC (“Rangers”), New York Knicks, LLC (“Knicks”) or other sports-related Promotion conducted by Sponsor on a Social Media Platform, you must be a legal US resident, eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry, and reside (x) within a 50-mile radius of the Madison Square Garden arena (the “Arena”) for any Rangers related Promotion, (y) within a 150-mile radius of the Arena for any Knicks related Promotion or (z) within the continental US for any other sports related Promotion; and (ii) any non-sports related Promotion conducted by Sponsor on a Social Media Platform, you must be a legal US resident residing in the continental US, thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, temporary employees, freelancers and independent contractors of the following are not eligible to participate in and/or win any Promotion: (a) MSG; (b) the Knicks and The National Basketball Association, the NBA Member Teams, NBA Media Ventures, LLC, NBA TV, LLC and NBA Properties, Inc. (collectively, “NBA Entities”) for Knicks related Promotions; (c) the Rangers and the National Hockey League, its member teams and NHL Enterprises, LP. (collectively, “NHL Entities”) for Rangers related Promotions; (and all of the applicable foregoing entities’ respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, sponsors, promotional partners, prize suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons. The term “immediate family” includes spouse, domestic partner, siblings, parents, children, or other family extension, and all of the foregoing persons’ respective spouses, regardless of where they reside, and any other persons residing in the same household whether or not related to such employee or other worker. Void where prohibited. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to a Promotion. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
2. ENTRY: To enter any Promotion, follow the directions provided in the Promotion Posting. All entries must be in English. You must have an account on the Social Media Platform on which the Promotion Posting was posted in order to be able to enter that Promotion. Establishing an account on any Social Media Platform is free. All terms and conditions of the applicable Social Media Platform apply, as applicable. If entry takes place on any Social Media Platform other than Facebook, your account must be set to “public” and you must follow the MSG and/or other account on such Social Media Platform stated in the Promotion Posting to be eligible. You can return your account to “private” and unfollow the Social Media Platform account(s) any time after the winner announcement for that Promotion. Entrants must take the actions required and/or must include the information requested by Sponsor in order for entries to be eligible. Following, unfollowing, and then following again will not result in additional entries. All entries must be received by the date and time stated in the Promotion Posting to be eligible. Unless otherwise specified in the Promotion Posting, there is a limit of one (1) entry per person/Social Media Platform account/e-mail per Promotion. Entries received from any person/e-mail or Social Media Platform for any Promotion in excess of the Promotion limitation will be void. Any attempt to use multiple accounts or other tactics to enter more than the limit may result in the disqualification by Sponsor from the Promotion and all associated entries will be void. Entries generated by mechanical, script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
PROHIBITED CONTENT: By submitting an entry, entrant (and, if an eligible minor, entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agrees that the entry complies with the applicable Promotion Posting and these Official Rules and does not contain a virus. In addition, entrant (and, if an eligible minor, entrant’s parent or legal guardian) warrants and represents that entrant and any persons appearing or who are identifiable in the entry consent to the submission and use of the entry in the applicable Promotion and to its use as otherwise set forth herein. As applicable, entries may not contain, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, any content that:
- contains music (unless specifically provided for in the Promotion Posting, in which case the use of such music shall be in accordance with the Promotion Posting);
- is pornographic, sexually explicit or suggestive, or contains profanity or nudity;
- is violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing);
- promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- is obscene or offensive, or endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or entities;
- contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary;
- contains any personal identification information, such as license plate numbers, names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including, without limitation, music, videos, photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission, to the extent permission is necessary (and if such permission is necessary, entrant must obtain permission from the appropriate third party to use such material(s) for the purpose(s) set forth in the applicable Promotion Posting and in these Official Rules) and Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure by an entrant to provide such proof, if requested, may render such entrant’s entry null and void;
- contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission, to the extent permission is necessary (and if such permission is necessary, entrant must obtain permission from the appropriate third party to use such material(s) for the purpose(s) set forth in the applicable Promotion Posting and in these Official Rules) and Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. Failure by an entrant to provide such proof, if requested, may render such entrant’s entry null and void;
- contains look-alikes of celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will with which Sponsor wishes to associate;
- appears to duplicate any other submitted entries; and/or
- violates any law.
Sponsor may disqualify any entry for any reason, including if it determines that the entry fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content. Sponsor is under no obligation to disclose why an entry has been disqualified.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Sponsor’s clock will be the official time keeper for all Promotions. Entries from one Promotion will not be included in other Promotions.
(a) FOR SWEEPSTAKES: Potential winners will be chosen in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor from among all eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion. Odds of winning a particular Promotion will depend on the total number of eligible entries received for such Promotion.
(b) FOR CONTESTS: A panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor will judge each entry based equally on the originality, creativity, and relevance to the theme of the Promotion, unless other judging criteria are stated in the Promotion Posting. The entrant(s) who submitted the entry(ies) with the highest score(s) will be deemed the potential winner(s) for the applicable Promotion. In the event of a tie, an additional, “tie-breaking” judge will determine the potential winner(s) based on the same criteria used by the original panel of judges, unless otherwise set forth in a Promotion Posting. Sponsor reserves the right not to award any or all prizes in any Promotion if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries for that Promotion. Judging scores will not be revealed.
Potential winner(s) will be selected and notified within ten (10) business days following the conclusion of the applicable Promotion via an e-mail, Direct Message or comment on the winning post(s), or by other means applicable to the Social Media Platform on which the applicable Promotion was entered. Potential winner(s) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where legally permissible, a publicity release and/or provide other personal or tax information. If a potential winner (i) cannot be contacted, (ii) does not respond to the initial notification and/or return any required documentation within the time period specified, (iii) does not meet the stated eligibility requirements, (iv) refuses the prize, (v) fails to claim the prize as directed, or (vi) is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified and Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion based on the applicable winner selection method described above, time permitting.
4. OWNERSHIP/USE OF ENTRIES: By submitting an entry, each entrant (and, if an eligible minor, entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agrees Sponsor and its successors, assigns, designees and licensees shall have a perpetual, irrevocable, assignable, royalty free, fully paid-up license to exploit, edit, modify, post, disseminate, create derivative works of, distribute and otherwise use the entry and all elements of such entry, including, without limitation, any comments or responses and the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, as well as entrant’s name, Social Media Platform account name, city and state of residence, photo (including, without limitation, Social Media Platform account profile photo), likeness, image, voice, opinions, biographical information, and/or prize information in any manner, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, in all print, electronic or other media via Sponsor’s Social Media Platform accounts, on Sponsor’s websites and on the MSG arena’s Jumbotron), worldwide, without compensation or notification to, or permission from, entrant or any third party.
5. PRIZES: The number and approximate retail value (“ARV”) of prizes awarded in any Promotion will vary and will be set forth in the Promotion Posting. Any difference between any ARV and the actual value of a prize awarded, if any, shall not be awarded. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Prizes may not be substituted, transferred, assigned or redeemed for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Prize includes only what is specified in the prize description. If a prize includes game-related merchandise, such merchandise will not be game-used. If a prize includes signed merchandise, the actual value thereof may vary based on market fluctuations, and any person(s) to autograph item(s) will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Certain prizes may be awarded as vouchers, gift cards or gift certificates. All tickets, vouchers, gift cards, and gift certificates are subject to such certain terms and conditions as specified thereon. Winners of event tickets must be available to attend such event on the date specified or another winner may be selected by Sponsor. Seat locations will be determined by Sponsor. Winner and, if applicable, winner’s guest(s), must comply with all venue rules and regulations, including, but not limited to, completing any health screenings and questionnaires using the MSG Venue app and agreeing to a code of conduct while in the Arena (including any social distancing, mask or other requirement which may be required by the Arena at such time). Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize and/or ejection from the venue. A minor winner of event tickets must attend such event with the minor’s parent or legal guardian, or other adult as authorized by the minor’s parent or legal guardian. No refund or compensation shall be paid in the event of the cancellation or delay of the event, or any portion thereof. Sponsor shall not be liable if the event, or any portion thereof, is cancelled, postponed or delayed. The terms and conditions of the tickets may govern if the event is cancelled, postponed or delayed or for any reason. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for, and will not replace, lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets. Sponsor will not consider or fulfill any requests for additional or alternate prizes, including but not limited to requests for additional tickets, upgrades and/or alternate dates or seating. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. Unless otherwise stated in the Promotion Posting, travel, accommodation or any other costs associated with prize acceptance and use are not included as part of prize and are the sole responsibility of the winner. If any prize or prize component cannot be provided by Sponsor for any reason, no compensation or substitution will be provided in lieu thereof; however, if applicable, the remainder of prize will be awarded. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. With respect to Promotions conducted by Sponsor that are governed by these Official Rules, there is a limit of one (1) prize per person, household, e-mail address, or Social Media Platform account in any ninety (90) day period.
6. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY: ENTRANTS (AND, IF ELIGIBLE MINORS, THEIR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS) RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, SPONSOR, THE KNICKS, THE NBA ENTITIES, THE RANGERS, THE NHL ENTITIES, THE APPLICABLE SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDARIES, LICENSEES, SPONSORS, PROMOTIONAL PARTNERS, PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND ALL OTHERS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT AND EXECUTION OF THE PROMOTION (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING DEATH) TO ANY PERSON, OR PROPERTY, RESULTING, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY RELATED THERETO) OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION CONDUCTED BY SPONSOR.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Illegible, inaccurate, damaged, misdirected, delayed, unintelligible or incomplete entries, messages, comments, posts or responses will be disqualified. The Released Parties are not responsible for any lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, delayed, misdirected, stolen, garbled or undelivered entries, messages, comments, posts, responses, emails or other communications of any kind; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure; or for jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize(s) and/or potential winner(s) or in any Promotion-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computers or other devices related to or resulting from participating in any Promotion or downloading materials from or use of any applicable Promotion-related website or any Social Media Platform. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Promotion, website or Social Media Platform, who are in violation of these Official Rules or who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. In the event that technical or other circumstances (including, without limitation, a computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, insufficient volume of eligible entries) compromise, corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or proper play of a Promotion, or the submission of entries therefor, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion and, if cancelled, at its discretion, to select winner(s) from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the cancellation based on the applicable winner selection methods described in Section 3 of these Official Rules or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any entry or the identity of an entrant, entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account holder and natural person assigned by (i) an ISP, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses to the e-mail address associated with the entry or (i) the Social Media Platform to that Social Media Platform account associated with the entry, and such person must comply with these Official Rules. Entrants may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIATION IN SUCH PROMOTION. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
8. CLAIMS/CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with any Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of New York. All entrants (and, if eligible minors, their parents or legal guardians) agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of any Promotion or these Official Rules. Under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, including attorneys’ fees or other legal costs, and any and hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
10. WINNER LIST: For the name(s) of the winner(s) of a Promotion, please send an e-mail within thirty (30) days following the conclusion of the applicable Promotion to email@example.com. Include “Winner’s List” and the name of the applicable Promotion in the subject line.
No Promotion governed by these Official Rules is in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or any other Social Media Platform on which such Promotion is conducted by Sponsor.
© 2021 MSG Entertainment Group, LLC. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Last updated May 12, 2021